NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA
14–16 AHMADU BELLO WAY, VICTORIA ISLAND LAGOS SCHOOL OF EDUCATION
OCTOBER 213 EXAMINATION
COURSE CODE: EDU 762(2CU) COURSE TITLE: ECONOMICS METHOD TIME 2 HOURS
ASWER ANY THREE QUESTIONS
- a) What are the determinants of the choice of a teaching method for economics?
- b) Using the format below, describe the features, advantages and disadvantages of the following teaching methods: i) Lecture method, ii) Assignment method, iii)
Question and Answer method, v) Discussion method 24 marks
- 2. a)i Describe FIVE steps that must be taken by an economics teacher for effective planning of his topic.
- What are the principles guiding the preparation of Lesson Notes?
- b) i. With the aid of an illustration, describe in a sequential order the format for writing a
Unit Plan for a particular topic.
- ii) What are the advantages of a Lesson Note? 24 marks
- a) Describe briefly the evolution of economics in Nigerian secondary school curriculum. b) Explain in details factors responsible for the late introduction of economics into Nigerian secondary school curriculum 22 marks
- a) Define the concept of evaluation with emphasis on THREE levels of evaluation in schools. b) What are the merits and demerits of using resource person method in the teaching of
economics? 24 marks