NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA EDA 821 HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT IN EDUCATION
14–16 AHMADU BELLO WAY, VICTORIA ISLAND LAGOS SCHOOL OF EDUCATION
OCTOBER 213 EXAMINATION
COURSE CODE: EDA 821 (2CU)
COURSE TITLE: HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT IN EDUCATION TIME: 2 HOURS
ANSWER QUESTION ANY THREE QUESTIONS
- a)i With the aid of an annotated diagram describe the Fombrum, Tichy and Devanna
Model of Human Resources Management.
- ii) What are the merits and demerits of the application of this model to Human
b)i In a sequential order, describe the various stages of induction programme a new teacher.
- ii) Itemise TEN objectives of induction proce 24 marks
- 2. a) Explain the concept of staff development.
b)i Identify and discuss FIVE functional areas of Human Resources Management.
- ii) Using Edwin Flippo (1980) as a framework, discuss the principles of interviewing.
- a)i Explain the basic assumptions of Macgregor Theory Y
- ii) What are the implications of motivation for staff performance in schools?
- b) Justify the importance of Job Analysis as a personnel function. 22 marks
- Write short notes on the following:
- i) Job Performance Appraisal ii) Principles of Human Relations iii) Organisational Culture
- iv) Purpose of keeping staff reco 22 marks