NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA EDU 764 Geography Methods
14–16 AHMADU BELLO WAY, VICTORIA ISLAND LAGOS SCHOOL OF EDUCATION
OCTOBER 213 EXAMINATION
COURSE CODE: EDU 764:
COURSE TITLE: Geography Methods (2 Units) Time: 2hours
Answer question 1 and any other two questions.
- As a geography teacher, pick a topic of your choice in geography and prepare a lesson plan for an arm of SS2 in a particular secondary school (30 marks).
- 2. With illustrations where applicable, discuss the following in relation to the teaching of geography in Nigerian secondary schools:
- Methods (10 marks) ii. Techniques (10 marks).
- Discuss five major variables usually considered in preparing effective teaching of geography in secondary schools (20 marks).
- 5. (a) Discuss syllabus as an instrument of teaching and learning of geography (10 marks ). (b) Discuss five factors to be considered in planning a concise geography syllabus for Nigerian secondary schools (10 marks).