NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA CIT392 Computer Laboratory II
14/16 AHMADU BELLO WAY, VICTORIA ISLAND, LAGOS SCHOOL OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY JUNE/JULY EXAMINATION
COURSE CODE: CIT392
COURSE TITLE: Computer Laboratory II TIME ALLOWED: 2 hrs
INSTRUCTION: Attempt any four (4) questions
- a. With respect to the Java programming language and with the aid of examples, write short notes the following terms:
- Classes (3 marks)
- Methods (3 marks)
iii. The this keyword (2.5 marks)
- b. The Central Bank of Togo has issued bank notes in denominations of 100, 50 and 1
Togolese Dollars. Write a Java program that accepts any integer amount supplied by a user and calculates the smallest number of bank notes required to issue that amount of money to the user. [Hint: For example, to issue 100 Togolese dollars, we need only 1 bank note] . (9 marks)
- a. We want to determine the largest and the smallest number in a list of values. All values are integers.
Write a C++ program that accepts the number of values from a user and then accepts the values themselves and then outputs which is the largest and which is the smallest. (13 marks).
- With respect to C++ arrays, define the following terms:
- Array (1 mark)
- Index (1 mark)
iii. Dimension (1 mark)
- c. With the aid of an example, explain briefly C++ pointers (1.5 marks).
- a. Contrast between;
- I) Structured Programmi
- II) Object-Oriented Programmi b. List any four Windows XP commands.
- There are 5 independent libraries for input/output operations in ADA; enumerate them.
- b. Write short notes on any
- List any six Windows XP commands.
- b. Write short notes on any fo
- Enumerate three Non-numeric Data Type in C++
- b. Write short notes on the three (11 ½ marks)