NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA CHS 411. Introduction to Public Health Laws
14-16 AHMADU BELLO WAY, VICTORIA ISLAND LAGOS SCHOOL OF HEALTH SCIENCES
OCTOBER/NOVEMBER 214 EXAMINATION
Time Allowed: 2Hrs.
COURSE CODE/TITLE: CHS 411. Introduction to Public Health Laws
INSTRUCTION: Answer 4 Questions Only .
Question 1 is Compulsory
- 1. (a). List 10 Sources of Public Health Laws. (5 Marks)
(b). Describe “Inspection” and “Service of an Abatement Notice” as part of
Processes involved in the enforcement of public health laws: (20 marks)
- 2. (a) Explain 5 Similarities between Morality and Law (5Marks)
(b). In a Tabular form, explain 5 differences between Law and Morality (10 Marks)
- 3. (a). List 7 Classes of Law. (7Marks)
(b). Explain 8 Functions of Law. (8Marks)
- 4. Describe the Five Environmental Principles of Polluter pay (15 Marks)
5 (a) Enumerate 3 Types of Public Health Law. (3 Marks) (b).Write notes on the following theories of Law.( 12Marks)
- i. Positive Theory Of Law ii. Marxist theory
iii. Natural theory of law.
- 6. (a) List 3 Types of Laws in a Democratic Government. ( 3Marks)
b). Describe the nature of each of these laws. (12 Marks)