NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA EDA 821 HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT IN EDUCATION
14/16 AHMADU BELLO WAY, LAGOS
SCHOOL OF EDUCATION
MAY/JUNE 2013 EXAMINATION
COURSE CODE: EDA 821 (2 UNITS)
COURSE TITLE: HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT IN EDUCATION
TIME: 2 HOURS ANSWER 3 QUESTIONS
- a) i. Define staff development 2 marks
- List the objectives of staff development as indicated by Humble (1969).
b i As Human Resources Management consultant, itemise TEN training programmes and discuss them briefly.
ii What is the relevance of Human Resources Management to management?
- a) i With the aid of a diagram ONLY describe Harvard Model of Human Resources
Management. 10 marks
ii What is the importance of Harvard Model of Human Resources Management in organisational management? 15marks
- a) i Describe FOUR basic principles of motivation in management.
- ii) With the aid of a diagram ONLY describe Maslow Hierarchy of Needs.
b.i). What are the implications of motivation for staff performance in formal organisations?
. ii) What are the basic assumptions of McGregor Theory X? 5 marks
- Write short notes on the following: i) organisational culture ii) Job description iii) Hygiene factors iv) Principles of human relations 5 marks each