Applications are invited for The Ermenegildo Zegna Founder’s Scholarship will preselect, in fact, its undergraduates/graduates in medical-scientific disciplines in order to assign scholarships study for a maximum amount of € 50,000.00 per year.
The aim is to allow a small number of exceptionally promising young people to undertake a path of research or postgraduate / PhD specialization, from one to three years, abroad.
The Ermenegildo Zegna Group today is one of Italy’s most famous family driven enterprises. Over the last century, the business gene and entrepreneurial spirit have been passed down through the generations, ensuring that the name Zegna remains synonymous with pioneers of business. Growth has been possible through shrewd diversification of the offering, which now ranges from clothing to accessories, and strategies which have enabled the Ermenegildo Zegna brand to grow successfully throughout the world.
- Application Deadline: March 9, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue research or postgraduate / PhD specialization.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in medical-scientific disciplines.
- Scholarship Award: Scholarship of the maximum amount of € 50,000.00 per year will be awarded.
- Nationality: Italian citizens
- Number of Scholarships: Small number of scholarships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken to Study Abroad (Applications and selection are managed exclusively though the universities and schools that are currently participating in the initiative: Università degli Studi di Trento, Università degli Studi di Padova, Politecnico di Torino, Politecnico di Milano, Università degli Studi di Milano, Università Luigi Bocconi, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Alma Mater Università di Bologna, Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna di Pisa, Scuola Normale Superiore di Pisa, Università Luiss Guido Carli di Roma, Università degli Studi di Napoli Federico II, Università di Pavia)
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Italian citizens are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
- To be able to participate in the pre-selection by the University you must be Italian citizens (or permanent residents in Italy), have obtained admission (also conditional) to the research program or post-graduate specialization or post-doctoral study abroad wants to take part and be undergraduate or postgraduate degree students of the University with an average of exams of at least 27/30, or if graduates, have obtained a master’s degree score of not less than 105.
- Priority will be given to women and men who have the potential to become leaders in their sector and a sincere interest in returning to Italy to make a positive contribution to the Italian society following the completion of their stays abroad.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Candidates may apply as soon as they have been accepted for admission into their proposed foreign university or research center and they have obtained the endorsement of their university.
An application form must be completed by all candidates. In addition to standard biographical information and a description of the program that the candidate wishes to pursue, the form invites candidates to explain to the Selection Committee how they propose to make a positive contribution to Italy following completion of their sojourn overseas. Applicants should give particular attention to this personal statement as it will play a key role in the Selection Committee’s decision.
Candidates will be required to submit one or more letters of reference, at least one of which must be a recommendation from the Italian university of origin, or, in the case of candidates who have already begun working, from a senior executive or director at the candidate’s place of employment. Letters of reference should only be sought from persons who are personally acquainted with the candidate.
All candidates selected as finalists will be invited to an in-person interview in Rome or Milan. Reasonable travel expenses to/from Rome or Milan will be reimbursed.